...By Providing Maintenance Consulting Services:
Many companies have an established maintenance programs in place utilizing tools such as Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM), but how is it working? As pressures to become more efficient and reduce costs increase, maintenance programs are often the first target for budget cuts. This is exactly the wrong response. Rather than trying to save short term money by cutting back on maintenance expenses, most companies should be taking a closer look at how their maintenance efforts are performing. This doesn’t necessarily mean that maintenance budgets should be increased either, but it does mean that you need to know what your maintenance dollars are doing for you.
- Do you know what your true maintenance costs are?
- What impact does maintenance have on your buildings and / or productivity?
- What does your work order backlog look like right now, and what should it look like?
- Which pieces of equipment are scheduled for PM and PdM?
- Are these activities being done? Are you sure?
- What is Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and how can it help us?
If you are a business owner, facilities manager or maintenance manager, you need to be able to confidently answer the above questions. If you can’t, there is a good chance you are not making the most of your maintenance expenditures.
Call Michaud Engineering - (888) 652-6777 - to discuss how you can better serve your organization by making better use of your maintenance money. We can help you review your existing maintenance program, set up a new Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and employ new methods to make your maintenance program more effective.